I decided that my Windows 7 post will wait until Monday, and the whole week will be dedicated to teaching you all about the great new features of Windows 7! I had a super stressful week, and therefore decided to join the Ultimate Blog Party and have a little fun today!
So today my theme is the top 5 tech things about me…
1. I’ve had a computer in my house for as long as I can remember (and I’m 31). I was probably playing around on DOS (one of the first Microsoft operating systems) before I started kindergarten. My Dad is a computer genius, and I’m a Daddy’s girl, so it only made sense that I’d follow in his footsteps.
2. While I was always good at computers, I really didn’t get into it until I was in high school and I had a huge crush on a guy that was into computers. The really funny thing is that two of the things I like the most now were direct influences from him… my favorite band, Everclear, and computers.
3. I’m obsessed with my Dell laptop and my Palm Pre phone. Not only am I obsessed, I’m downright addicted! My laptop’s name is Elle, cause she’s powerful and pink (just like Elle Woods). I’ve had a stressful week, and I thought for a brief moment this morning that I was going to keep my laptop off all day today, and then immediately thought to myself… who am I kidding. I would probably stress myself out more with the laptop withdrawls.
4. I own about 12 domain names and am constantly coming up with new ideas. Luckily I’m friends with my webhost, who humors me in getting them all set up. I do all the design work myself (except sometimes I hire out images to mujka.ca cause heaven knows I can’t draw to save my life). I’ve tried to start a web design company, but realized I didn’t like coding for other people that much, so I gave it up.
5. I started my IT career at a home building company, where I both screwed up royally (costing the company about $11k) and got screwed (when they gave my position to my employee). The events were unrelated I assure you. I really found my stride though at an IT consulting firm, and made some friends that will last a lifetime, and became the gateway to my current job that I love. I work a help desk for a small IT consulting firm from home. Which both allows me a flexible schedule and the ability to be home with my kids… which is SUCH a blessing in my life.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope that as you follow me you will have fun, and be educated on tech at the same time. I believe that EVERY woman should be able to know about technology. It is NOT just for the Men! If you ever have a tech question, or would like me to dedicate an entire post to a subject, tweet me @tech4mommies and let me know!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links.
Ok, so I’m a Mac person. Can we still be friends?
I’m visiting from UBP! Hope you can drop by my Party!!
.-= Brooke´s last blog ..My library project =-.
LOL… i gues we can agree to disagree… 🙂
I’m a geek too! Looking forward to reading more about another techno-mom!
Stopping by from #UBP10
.-= Mrs Little´s last blog ..Ultimate Blog Party 2010 and Giveaway! =-.
I’m visiting from the Ultimate Blog Party! Whoo Hooo! I love helping busy mom’s tap into their creativity!
I love tech stuff too.
Great fun post! It was great to read all that about you. 🙂 And I could have written some of your post! Now you have inspired me to write another telling why I am addicted to computers. 🙂
I have gone through several stages of “I really do not have enough patience to do this for other people.” so I stopped. 🙂
Anyway, I will let you know when my new post is up! 🙂
.-= Kris Cain (@littletechgirl)´s last blog ..StickerYou Giveaway! =-.
Kris – so fun! I can’t wait to read it!
Stopping by from the UBP! I enjoyed visiting your site. I love technology too. I taught teacher how to integrate with technology for many years.
Stopping by from the UBP, too! I enjoyed your party post!! I’m following you on Twitter, too!
.-= Dawn Farias´s last blog ..Greek Yogurt With Raw Honey =-.
Love it! I never got a job in computers, but my degree is in CIS and same as you, I can’t remember not having a computer. For the 24 hours preceding Easter, my hubby challenged me to keep my computer off, hardest thing he could think of for me to do!! I haven’t really kept up with technology, per se, since becoming a mommy, so I’m excited to read your tips 🙂
Stop by my blog if you get a chance at The Youngn’s
.-= Sela´s last blog ..Warrior Dash =-.
Well, Hello there! I’m not techy but I married a techy. Does that count? lol
My old Dell laptop was pink. I miss her : ( (mainly I miss the pink color)
I hope that you are enjoying this HUGE party !
I’ll have to check you out again soon…..ya know, to get my “tech” on!
Nice to meet you! I am a couple days late visiting you- saw your tweet. Faving this blog I am not very techy- it’s nice to have a resource.
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday/Outdoor Reading Fun =-.
I am in love with your site!! Found you via UBP10. I love technology, I am following you to learn more. I hope you will stop on over to my place. Have fun!!
Popped over at the last minute from the blog party and am so glad I did. Your newest follower! =)
.-= The Activity Mom´s last blog ..Word Family Printables =-.
Saying Hi from the Ultimate Blog Party! Now I want to watch Legally Blond!
Visit my party post
I also have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!
My Current Giveaways